• re: Strong emotions

Living in the capital of Buryatia, do you see your peers moving out of the republic? Perhaps the Buryats moving to the cities is actually reminiscent of the Mongols historically nomadic lifestyle. 

What is your place in this loss of connection to roots that you are witnessing? Where do you see yourself in the midst of the young mindsets you see changing? Where does your sister, depicted here, fit into the traditional Buryat identity? 

I love the expression on her face. It is as if she was at peace with the nature of things, the waves, and something foreign or unwelcome pulled her out of that serenity. The texture of the cool blues in the background from the circular strokes in the sky above contrasting the jagged waves below convey a lively space. Is this the re-think? There is so much beauty and culture in the Buryat identity as it exists and with each interruption it is depleted.

• Thank you so much for your comment!

I see myself upgrading my skills in Europe and then come back home to save Buryatia, at least a little. I want to do something there so that it would not exist as a forgotten place. It is also about russian policy. Money from Buryatia go to Moscow and never come back too. 

My sister is in Moscow. She says that in other places buryats identify themselves as buryats, but not in Buryatia