• re: Traveling with Tangled Thoughts

Ritika, I am fascinated by the characters in this painting. I see an amalgamation of melancholy and exhaustion. The pensive woman, perhaps also the immediate focus of the audience’s attention, wears a disinterested or disconnected expression that could blend in with the crowd. However, her reflection in the window has her eyes clearly focused on the viewer. Perhaps from the outside, as an omniscient audience, we are actually able to see her inside in the reflection. Who or where did you derive your inspiration from for this piece?

• Thank you so much for your intrinsic observation, the character painted here is a self portrait, and this painting is an expression of continuous transition from physical to mental which usually happens when one is in a fixed state or posture for the time being. This painting is an amalgamation of the objects and forms that I observe during my travel in the city, it deals with the notion of mentally being in some other place and simultaneously being aware of one's physical presence too.

• Thank you so much for your intrinsic observation, the character painted here is a self portrait, and this painting is an expression of continuous transition from physical to mental which usually happens when one is in a fixed state or posture for the time being. This painting is an amalgamation of the objects and forms that I observe during my travel in the city, it deals with the notion of mentally being in some other place and simultaneously being aware of one's physical presence too.