• Alejandro Morales: Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso

EAS Artist, Alejandro Morales featured in the Third Biennale of Ciudad Juárez - El Paso

Alejandro was recently selected as the only Mexican artist for the FIF_BH  (International Photography Festival) in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.  He is also among the winners of a photography contest "Saltando Muros" promoted by the Art Department of the Universidad de Chile ,  and  will  participate in  the  exhibitionat the Museum of Contemporary Art .

From the Catalogue of the III Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso:

Spanish : "Me sitúo nacido de la generacion que emergió en el despertar de la muerte y el dolor debido a la guerra del narcotrafico que parece no tener fin. Vivir en la ciudad considerada más peligrosa del mundo me ayudó a crear un vocabulario visual y conceptual propio lleno de contrucciones endemic violentas. Además, sentia la necessidad de difundir la realidad de la frontera y sus habitants en un esfuerzo para poner en sospecha el scenario presentado en el exterior por parte del Estado, sus intituciones y medios de comunicación...

Mi trabajo consiste en la desaparición con el uso del borrador de goma, en un proceso completamente manual, de cuerpos inertes, cadavers que día a día aparecen en los periodicos locales, cuerpos transgredidos remitidos a la narco-violencia...

Me interesa la estética cotidiana que experimentamos a través de los medios de commincación y sus productos y cómo pueden formar y cambiar el idioma y la identidad de una sociedad rodeada y atraversada por la violencia."

English : "I was born in a generation that emerged right at the awakening of death and devastation brought on by a drug war that never seems to end. Living in a city considered to be the most dangerous one in the world helped me create a visual and conceptual language of my own, full of violent endemic constructions. In addition, I felt the need to disseminate the reality of the border and its people in order to cast doubt on the picture that the government, its agencies, and the media wanted to present abroad...

My work consist of using an eraser – in a process executed completely by hand – to make lifeless bodies disappear, corpses that turn up in local newspaper day after day, bodies violated by the narco-violence...

My interst lies in an everyday aesthetic that we experience through the media and its products, and how they can shape and change the language and the identity of a society that is surrounded and penetrated by violence."

View this post on facebook